Need Waterproofing? We’re The #1 Waterproofing Specialists In Johannesburg.
With many years of experience and knowledge in the waterproofing industry, Apex Waterproofing has identified and perfected the various waterproofing methods that are best suited to and yield the best results for our South African climate.
Apex Waterproofing provides waterproofing for the following:
- All roofs including flat roof, tiled roofs, concrete roofs, metal roofs and roof slabs.
- Interior and exterior walls and foundation walls (See our damp proofing page).
- Balcony and Patio Waterproofing.
- Window Waterproofing & Sealant.
- Shower Waterproofing.
- Basement waterproofing for both internal and external basements.
- Drain & Fountain Waterproofing.
Waterproofing Remains Important To Prevent Costly Repairs
While there are many that profess that DIY roof waterproofing is quick, easy and affordable, the only way to insulate your home against water damage is to work with seasoned waterproofing contractors. Apex Waterproofing’s team consists of experts at various waterproofing methods including roof waterproofing and torch on waterproofing, to name a few. There is just no substitute for waterproofing your home against the damage that moisture, water and humidity can bring. Work with seasoned service providers who are experienced in delivering the solutions you are after, and rest assured that you really are getting the very best value for money available.
Even though water damage can be a problem that doesn’t truly reveal itself until it’s too late, there are certain aspects to keep a look out for that will tell you your home’s waterproofing needs to be updated. These include:
- Odours – It always pays to trust your own nose.
- Dampness – If you notice or feel that your furniture, carpets, wall paper, skirtings or ceilings feel damp, it might be because of a larger water ingress issue.
- Mildew And Mould – Employ waterproofing services as soon as you start to pick up any issues to limit the damage. Mould is normally found on ceilings, in corners of rooms or at the base of any wall in the interior of your home. If mould is found only 1m above the floor/wall junction then the mould may be caused by a leaking plumbing pipe.
- Water Marks Down The Wall – You may think your roof is not leaking because you don’t physically see any leaks. But, if you put your eye parallel to your home walls, you may find streaks of water marks of where there has been drops running down your walls.
- Cracked or ‘ Dry Mud’ patterned Waterproofing – Torch on waterproofing tends to create dry mud shaped cracks when it has reached the end of it’s life span. A good quality torch on waterproofing membrane should have a life span of no less than 15 years.
- Cracked or Loose Roof Tiles – Cracked tiles or incorrectly sealed roof ridges are your biggest enemy when it comes to roof leaks as they can cause major damage on opposite sides of the building. Water runs through the cracked tiles, along the brandering (which causes rotten brandering), past plastic underlay and into ceiling spaces on opposite ends of the house. This therefore can create electrical problems as many home wiring is placed in the ceiling. If you notice any cracked or loose tiles or rood ridges, please contact us for a quick inspection and repair.
The footings and foundation of your home can become permanently damaged if exposed to water, something which will cost you a lot of money to repair. Limit the decay by employing the services of Apex Waterproofing. Extend the longevity of your property by working with seasoned professionals capable of living up to their promises.