Damp is more problematic than just chipping or bubbling paint on your walls. If left untreated, it can pose serious health risks. Mould growth is the outcome of ignored signs of damp.
If you don’t already know this, mould can cause or aggravate respiratory issues such as allergies or asthma. It’s especially hazardous to infants and the elderly.
There are various types of damp and no two damp cases are the same. To save you time and money on solutions that might not solve your damp issue, it’s better to hire a damp proofing company like Apex Waterproofing SA for assistance.
Types of Damp
- Lateral Damp
- Rising Damp
- Penetrating Damp
Damp Treatment will depend on the type of damp you’re dealing with.
Signs of Damp in Your Home
- Mould growth on walls, floor or furniture
- Musty smell
- Bubbling or chipping paint
- Stains or dark patches on walls
- Condensation on walls
- Rotting skirting boards
- Salt stains on outside walls
- Rusty nails on skirting boards
- Damp patches on the floor
- White substance on the ground
Tips to Prevent Damp and Mould in Your Home
- Ensure good ventilation inside your home to limit excess condensation by opening windows.
- Invest in a dehumidifier to reduce moisture in the air.
- Ensure your gutters and downpipes are correctly installed and not leaking.
- Good drainage around home.
Apex Waterproofing SA is a damp proofing company in Johannesburg. We can easily identify the type of damp in your home and offer a solution to resolve it. Not only are we reliable but we’re extremely affordable as well. Get in touch with the team for a free quote today!