Get Your Home Ready For Storm Season. Storm season is around the corner, so making your home storm safe should be a high priority. Thunderstorms, hail, floods and damaging winds cause major damage every year so start spending some time getting your home fully prepared.
Things to do include:
- Cleaning out drains, gutters and downpipes. If water backs up, it can enter your home in a number of ways and cause major damage from your roof top to your interior walls and floors.
- Prune overhanging tree branches that could be dislodged during a storm, particularly near your home and vehicles.
- Get your roof flood checked NOW so that if there are any leaks, you can attend to them before you experience the major flooding when a real storm hits. Here at Apex Waterproofing, we do offer free flood checks.
- Roof tiles. Loose roof tiles are blown off roof tops causing water to enter the open roof and leaving a trail of damage to windows, cars and causing injury to people standing outside. To prevent this, call us to assess your roof tiles free of charge.
- Check your window sills. Window sills are often not considered when a leak occurs but this is a big mistake. Ensure your window sill seals and joints are not damaged or loose.
For more information, please feel free to contact us and we will happily assist you with any questions or queries you may have.