Damp proofing cost are based on a number of factors as damp proofing treatment can be very broad depending on what sort of damp it is.
Our Rising Damp Cost Factors Include:
- Firstly, is it rising damp? If not, what sort of damp is it?
- How many meters of damp need to be treated?
- Are there any obstructions in the way of installing the damp treatment? (ie. windows, plugs, wall mounted items etc)
- Is it a simple wall or are there permanent wall mounted objects that would need to be broken and removed and carted off site?
- Is the damp accessible? We have had cases in the past where our team had to squeeze through a tiny gap under the bathroom basin cupboard in order to treat the rising damp on the wall.
With the above factors in mind, you can expect to pay the following for rising damp treatment:
- Interior Rising Damp Less Than 10m – R830.00 per meter.
- Interior Rising Damp More Than 10m – R760.00 per meter.
- Exterior Rising Damp Less Than 10m – R680.00 per meter.
- Exterior Rising Damp More Than 10m – R600.00 per meter.
These prices are a rough indication and exclude painting and rhinolite.
If you want to confirm that you do in fact have rising damp, read our article ‘Rising Damp Explained‘ here.
What If It Is Not Rising Damp?
If the damp problems are not rising damp at all then a comprehensive investigation would need to be scheduled by our trained damp proofing team to determine what the cause the damp is. Damp can be caused by tiled roof leaks, flat roof leaks, leaking window sills, plumbing pipes, cracked exterior wall, leaking down pipes and more. For more information on damp, see our damp proofing page.
If you do have damp in your home and you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact our damp proofing team. We will happily assist you with any queries you might have. We are a 4th generation waterproofing and damp proofing business so we have seen it all!